AccueilFAQRechercherS'enregistrerMembresGroupesConnexion

Partagez | 

[Crane - Kyuden Otomo] 2010 World Championships: Winner Deck

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Remi
Chui

MessageSujet: [Crane - Kyuden Otomo] 2010 World Championships: Winner Deck   Ven 3 Déc - 22:05

[EDIT Moderation : Translation process initializing...]

Voici le compte-rendu des Worlds de Lyon de Heraclio Sanchez (Link)

Here is the World Championships Tournament Report of Heraclio Sanchez (Link)

Deck’s Title: LEGACY CRANE World Champ
Stronghold: Kyuden Otomo
Sensei : Gozoku Sensei
Wind : All Winds

DINASTY (40)

Holdings (12)
3 x Mura Sabishii Toshi
3 x Merchant Caravan
3 x Black Market
1 x North Hub Village
1 x Tsuma Dojo
1 xWest Hub Village
Regions (1)
1 x Golden Sun Plain
Events (5)
1 x Inheritance
1 x The First Wedding
1 x In Time of War
1 x A Time For Vengeance
1 x Commanding Favor
Personalities (22)
1 x Doji
1 x Kakita
1 x Otomo Taneji
1 x Rama Signh
1 x Kakita Benkei
1 x Doji Reju Exp.3
1 x Doji Kurohito Exp. 3
3 x Chitik
3 x Daigotsu Eiya
3 x Doji Saori
1 x Doji Saori Exp
1 x Kaiu Sugimoto
1 x Tamori Shiki
1 x P’an Ku
1 x Yoritomo Yashinko
1 x Kakita Mai Exp.

Strategies (37)
3 x Flame and Lightning
3 x Victory or Death
3 x Honor
3 xWhispered Rumors
3 x Hired Killer
3 x Evil Portents
3 x Wear Him Down
2 x Determination
2 x For the Empire
2 x Legendary Confrontation
2 x Paths of Honor and Glory
1 x An Imperial Marriage
1 x The Price of Loyalty
1 x No Victory
1 x Sacrifice of Pawns
1 x Subtle Sting
1 x Egg of P’an Ku
1 x Excellence
1 x Lotus
Items (2)
1 x Obi of Silence
1 x Blade of Penance
Spells (1)
1 x Secrets on the Wind /*Should go out
Rings (1)
1 x Ring of the Void

Legacy Worlds Report
First of all I’d like to thank the organizers, and specially Rémi, for supporting Legacy the way they did. The event was great, well-run and with fantastic prize support. Good job!

I didn’t have too much time for L5R prior to Worlds and most of it was taken in order to build a good Celestial deck (and play test it). This, of course, reduced even more my available time for putting together some Legacy decks as was my intention. I had been playing my Crane control deck too long now and felt like needed something new. I had a couple of ideas in mind but as the days went by I missed my opportunity to gather all the cards I needed. At the end I could only bring two decks to Lyon; my Crane Control and a bunch of cards to try and build a crazy Spider Control/Breeder deck.

I played some fun games with the Spanish guys during Friday and Saturday night and I found the Spider deck was better than I had anticipated. I had some really good ones (killing Daigotsu turn two with Mysterious Deaths was hilarious but nothing compared to Subversive Whispers Fu Leng…) but after a handful games with my Crane I remembered why I do love that deck so much.

Sunday came and I chose to play Crane. Antonio “Goblin” Gonzalez wanted to play but had no deck so I lend him the Spider one.

Some details in my games are fuzzy so I apologize for any mistakes on the report. I also got none of my opponent’s names. I’m really sorry about it.

Game 1: The Citadel of Daigotsu Bloodspeakers.
I’m really surprised with his stronghold. I used to play bloodspeakers even before Gold Edition and I was never able to make them work out of this box (compared to other ones). I fancy the idea as I may learn something new!

My opponent is a very nice guy. We chat around as the game starts. Unfortunately for him I have one of my Eiya’s early enough with some For the Empire and I kill every Bloodspearker in table. Kakita Mai Exp comes early too and I manage to clean the table (just to die next turn by a double Shukumei). Anyway I’m set up and control everything while taking his provinces. 1-0

Game 2: Lost Traveler Castle Dueling
Another nice opponent with an interesting deck. I love this stronghold and have a bizarre deck built with it that usually crosses 40 by turn 3. His deck was completely different and very interesting. He started quite well and got an early Seppun Mashita and a Kado that came with his friends of the Crane. My start was horrible, but at least my hand was good. I Hired Killer Mashita, attached the Obi of Silence to Kado and got one of his provinces.

His next turn, he got another Mashita. I Hired Killer him, destroyed another province and got Chitik. He tried to get two personalities but only could find one (Kakita Kado?). I used Chitik to re-use one of the Hired Killers and swing for a third province. He got no one else so the last one was free. 2-0.

Grame 3: Antonio Gonzalez. Spider Control-Breeder
He’s using my deck and I know there’s almost no way he can beat me. I recall absolutely nothing but the game lasted 10 mins. 3-0.

Game 4: Obsidian Halls of the Lost PK
One of my favourite decks. I played quite a lot this deck so I know it inside out.I had a good start but his was awesome too. I controlled Sezaru with Gozoku and still had two more uses of the favor in table. Turn 3 or 4 I got Kakita, Eiya and Doji the same turn. I felt pretty confident at that time (my hand was heavy dueling).

Then, I got to see why I love this format. After a turn that looked the end for my opponent he managed to kill the Happy Kami Couple and he did it in style. Kakita became Shadowlands and then he played The Enemy You Deserve (how I loved this card!) to Doji. Husband murdered wife just to die next action to a Darkness Beyond Darkness.

The game went to balance again.He had a locked Sezaru with two Goblin wizards (each of them with a Suitengu’s Surge, ouch!). I had Eiya on my side. I managed to clear pretty much the table after serious use of favor and duels. He came back again killing Eiya and bringing a couple of Ruris.

The game went back and forth every turn. It was really exciting! I think the turning point came when I had a Saori which had become Shadowlands and a Chitik and started using his own discarded cards (Darkness Beyond Darkness) to kill his own personalities.

Time was called and we discussed about our chances of winning the game. He still had some strong personalities left in his Dynasty. I still still Kurohito Exp 3, Sugimoto, Shiki and P’an Ku. It was not an easy choice but I had the upper hand in Chitiks (as I can re-use them) and the Obi of Silence, that will let me get my Fate back. After a couple of minutes my opponent graciously concedes. Awesome game vs an awesome opponent! 4-0.

After this game, Rémi tells me we have no time to do a top, but as there are only two undefeated players it is ok with playing one more round.

Game 5: Hous of Tao/Ring of the Void Plainf of Fast Troubles
This was also an interesting game. I had a vague idea of what his game plan was (I used to play Plains of Fast Troubles out of the Ninja box ages ago). I knew I should establish a tough control and try to keep as many battle actions as I could should he manage to get anyone in a battlefield.

I ditch like my provinces like mad in order to get the big pimps. I’m looking for Sugimoto, P’an Ku, Kurohito Exp, Shiki and the likes. Turn two I get Kurohito Exp. This is good news as I can lock some peeps for free every turn. P’an Ku follows up and one Eiya too. He’s bringing cheap personalities and drawing cards. When I’m ready I lock or kill all his personalities and bring a No Victory in play. He’s got one Plains of Fast Troubles but no defenders (I’m still 3 Favor actions in hand plus the duels from Kurohito in the table) so I take that province without a problem.

He keeps drawing and getting cheap peeps but I manage to control them without a problem a trying to keep as many resources unused as I can (Evil Portens is good vs Toku and Koto, I hear). He never manages to get anyone in battle of even see another Plains. 5-0.

The price support was excellent. Every participant got to choose 10 cards from a tremendous amount of them provided by Rémi. This included loads of power cards. As I have most of them I only pick up a Kolat Spy and give away the rest for the other participants. As the winner, I got 3 sets of the Celestial 15 legacy set plus two sets of rares and a nice picture of the illustration made for the event by Hector Herrera (thanks!).

This is just a report of the Legacy part of Worlds. I haven’t got the time to post a complete one of my time there. Anyway I want to give mad props to all the attendees and organizers and very special ones to the Spanish crew. You’re all are awesome!

Now onto the deck. Yeah, I know it looks janky and I did not have the time to fine-tuned since the last tournament I played with it but it’s rock-solid nonetheless and has a response to pretty much anything your opponent can throw at you.

It’s not easy to drive due to the multiple options you have at your hand. The intention is always to set upt control of the board by killing or locking every single personality in play and then attacking undefended provinces. Telling all the trick or synergies the deck has would take forever but still I’d highlight:

Winds: You’ve got them all. Using them wisely is difficult but they let you do many different things (from re-using Chitik to card draw, sending units home, taking political actions to bring Doji in play, etc)
Duels: it’s not a dueling deck. It’s a deck you can duel very effectively. Eiya, Saoris, Kakita, Reju, Benkei, Doji, Wear Him Dowm (really stupid with Doji), Excellence….You will outduel every single non-dueling dedicated deck.
Gozoku: so good it hurst. Honor/Dishonor control and locking opponents to exhaustion.
Sugimoto/P’an Ku/Egg: for the ultimate lock
Gold: Gold must flow. With the new “Blood Money” rule Crane can finally use Black Markets effectively. Gozoku will also help on the honor losses.
Blade of Penance: you can actually switch to honor
Chitik: (everything you want) x 2

The record of this deck in tournament is something like 38-3. I’ve played this vs. pretty much anything, from Fox or Shiro Matsu Sachikas to Palace/Goblins (I had to kill his entire deck). Please let me know if you’re interested in any specific match-up and I’ll try and cover it.

2012 Kotei of Paris, France : June 30th and July 1st
h t t p : / / sites.google.com/site/koteiparis2012

Les Worlds L5R 2010 : Link
L5R Events in Paris : Link.

7th "UTZ!" of the 2011 Prague Kotei !
July 16th, 2011 Akodo Lestat wrote : "Remi was the Innocent Hand".
Premier Licorne libre de toutes discriminations sur la Fierté du Lion !

Rather contact me by email than Private Message to get fast answers : remi(dot)cavaille(at)gmail(dot)com
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://sites.google.com/site/koteiparis2012
Charlynux
Honorable samurai

MessageSujet: Re: [Crane - Kyuden Otomo] 2010 World Championships: Winner Deck   Ven 27 Mai - 11:51

Je fais un peu de nécro de thread pour vous interroger un peu.

Black Market et Mura Sabishii Toshi ne font pas bon ménage. Je n'ai pas joué énormément ce deck, mais c'est parfois assez handicapant sur la durée.
J'ai conscience de la nécessité de thunes gratuites pour se mettre en place/jouer un Killer le plus vite possible. Mais voilà, une thune qui produit 1 c'est pas beaucoup beaucoup...
Avez-vous essayer ? Qu'en pensez-vous ?

Notez qu'en dehors de ce doute, j'adore le deck.
Remi
Chui

MessageSujet: Re: [Crane - Kyuden Otomo] 2010 World Championships: Winner Deck   Ven 27 Mai - 14:01

Salut,

Charlynux a écrit:
Black Market et Mura Sabishii Toshi
Black Market = Meta
Faire entrer en jeu les deux Holdings en même temps est peut-être une erreur stratégique, qu'en penses-tu ?

Rémi.

2012 Kotei of Paris, France : June 30th and July 1st
h t t p : / / sites.google.com/site/koteiparis2012

Les Worlds L5R 2010 : Link
L5R Events in Paris : Link.

7th "UTZ!" of the 2011 Prague Kotei !
July 16th, 2011 Akodo Lestat wrote : "Remi was the Innocent Hand".
Premier Licorne libre de toutes discriminations sur la Fierté du Lion !

Rather contact me by email than Private Message to get fast answers : remi(dot)cavaille(at)gmail(dot)com
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://sites.google.com/site/koteiparis2012
Charlynux
Honorable samurai

MessageSujet: Re: [Crane - Kyuden Otomo] 2010 World Championships: Winner Deck   Sam 28 Mai - 7:10

Le problème c'est le début de partie. Avec 12 holdings, tu prends un peu ce qui vient et puis tu craches pas sur une 0/3.
Mais suite à ces mauvaises expériences tu as probablement raison, je vais me raviser et éviter de sortir les Black Market si je n'ai pas un besoin rapide d'holdings.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: [Crane - Kyuden Otomo] 2010 World Championships: Winner Deck   

[Crane - Kyuden Otomo] 2010 World Championships: Winner Deck
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1