AccueilFAQRechercherS'enregistrerMembresGroupesConnexion

Partagez | 

[Mantis - Aramasu´s Pride] Kill, Kill and Kill

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Yoritomo Morgan
samurai

MessageSujet: [Mantis - Aramasu´s Pride] Kill, Kill and Kill   Dim 22 Aoû - 20:35

Hello all,

This is Mantis raiding military control deck used on Prague Kotei side event. Any opinions or comments welcomed.

I am new to legacy so pls have patience with me. :-)

Aramasu´s pride
Hantei Sensei - I know many people hate this card especially in Europe, so any suggestion for change will be considered.

Dynasty:

1 A Time For (Yashinko) Vengeance
1 Boundless Sight
1 Inheritance

1 Fields of Pyrrhic Victory

1 Yoritomo's Guidance

2 Tsuruchi´s Retreat
3 Small Farm
1 Shrine to Fukurokujin

3 Yoritomo Iongi
3 Tsuruchi Iyaken
3 Yoritomo Suketsune
3 Yoritomo Bunmei
3 Yoritomo Katoa
3 Tsuruchi Etsui
3 Yoritomo Tokaro
1 Moshi Hinome - exp
1 Yoritomo Katoa exp
1 Yoritomo Kumiko exp 2
1 Yoritomo Kitao exp 3
1 Yoritomo Utemaro - exp2
1 Yoritomo Singh - exp
1 Yoritomo Yashinko
1 Tsuruchi Shiroko

Fate:

3 Kolat Master
3 Uncertainty
3 No Hiding Place
3 Shore commander
3 Tsuruchi Technique
3 Guerrilla Tactics
3 Scrutiny of the Wasp
2 Fury of the Dark Lord
3 Forewarning
3 Hired Killer
3 Kaimetsu-Uo's Lineage
3 Kolat Assassin
3 Fall on Your Knees
3 Test of Honor

thx for looking
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Remi
Chui

MessageSujet: Re: [Mantis - Aramasu´s Pride] Kill, Kill and Kill   Lun 23 Aoû - 10:19

Hello Jirka,

I'm so glad to see you here !!
Well, I am going to work hard on the English Version of the Post-it Posts of this Forum.

Now, reading the rules, the Pirates Cards coming from the Lotus Edition do work BUT, they'll do it well in a few weeks when the AEG Rule Team will take time to explain some little change (here).
So, let's play as if the changes have been made : these cards rocks !

I make a quick post this time and I'll write some more later.

About the Sensei, here three of them that you can read :
- Of course Hantei Sensei is legal so you can play it but as we talk about it, it is not fair.
- The Rosoku Sensei (here) coming from the Test of Enlightment Set. Becare full, his text has been changed, you'll be able to read the right one following this web link. This Sensei allow you to use the Powerfull Mantis Clan Personalities of this set whose abilities require Rings. Then you'll be able to use action to draw cards like Meeting the Keepers (here).
- Don't be afraid, even if those personalities are strong, you can play without them ! I think that you could use the Orochi Sensei (here). Once more, I am sorry, this card text has been changed but it is quite strong anyway. With the pirate, you get money to by Hired Killer or Tamafune. I really like Orochis ! I am sure there are many things to do with those creatures!
- Uji Sensei (here) can allow to you to punnish your oponnent's personnalities. With "No Hidding Place" he could be interested in defending the Provinces you do not attack. With this Sensei, you'll be able to face your enemy.

I like Shoe Commander, but maybe you can try to add one more non-unique follower Mantis Detachement (here).

I think, you should use a Wind like the Black Heart of the Empire(here) if you are in war with Daigotsu. This card can say "No!" to other players who want to take the Favor even if you do not use it.

Bye...............Rémi.

2012 Kotei of Paris, France : June 30th and July 1st
h t t p : / / sites.google.com/site/koteiparis2012

Les Worlds L5R 2010 : Link
L5R Events in Paris : Link.

7th "UTZ!" of the 2011 Prague Kotei !
July 16th, 2011 Akodo Lestat wrote : "Remi was the Innocent Hand".
Premier Licorne libre de toutes discriminations sur la Fierté du Lion !

Rather contact me by email than Private Message to get fast answers : remi(dot)cavaille(at)gmail(dot)com
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://sites.google.com/site/koteiparis2012
Remi
Chui

MessageSujet: Re: [Mantis - Aramasu´s Pride] Kill, Kill and Kill   Mar 24 Aoû - 10:10

Hi,

I think, the decklist will depend of you Sensei. Which kind of deck would you prefer to play ?

I have not yet played the Mantis Pirate Deck I have in my mind but I have played many time against this Stronghold so I am not able to give you THE perfect advices. Maybe some (fun or powerful) ideas.

Bye.....................Rémi.

Rather contact me by email than Private Message to get fast answers : remi(dot)cavaille(at)gmail(dot)com

Dernière édition par Remi le Mar 24 Aoû - 13:45, édité 1 fois
Yoritomo Morgan
samurai

MessageSujet: Re: [Mantis - Aramasu´s Pride] Kill, Kill and Kill   Mar 24 Aoû - 11:12

Well in my deck Sensei is not the essence, usually I dont even use it in my games. The deck is control so I usually just raid and kill everything unopposed or in limited phase and when I have enough force I crush all provinces in one turn. Deck depends on fast gold for limited kilkill actions.
Remi
Chui

MessageSujet: Re: [Mantis - Aramasu´s Pride] Kill, Kill and Kill   Mar 24 Aoû - 14:19

Hi,

Ok, so I think you should try Uji Sensei.

In the Dinasty Deck I would say no to those cards :
- Tsuruchi Shiroko & Moshi Hinome XP (Remember, you need to respect honor requirement for the personality you want to steal : it will be hard against any honorable deck)
- Yoritomo Kitao XP3 (I like the Dark Wave, but she is very expansive)
- Yoritomo Katoa exp & Base (What do you think about the XP, is he really usefull? I am not sure that you need the 3 other guys)
- Yoritomo Iongi is not needed.

What do you think about those two personalities ?
One Magistrate : I think, he is necessary because to many players will draw too many cards.
One Shugenja : I do not know how strong is she but, using shugenjas opens new doors.

Let's have a look over the second deck, the Fate Deck :
- You may have gold problems because a lot of cards are expensive : Hired Killer + Kolat Assassin + Kolat Master + Test of Honor + Fury of the Dark Lord + the Followers.
Probably you'll have to choose between Keeping all these expensive actions or Not playing gold production holdings.

Maybe you could play some games adding holdings like House of Contract and using no more than 2 of each of these Strategy Cards.

Two more ideas :
- Fury of Hida is a good card to crush provinces
- Enticement is playable with the event The Price of Power, Emma-O's Guidance and some other cards.

So, what do you think about that ?

Bye......................Rémi.

Yoritomo Morgan
samurai

MessageSujet: Re: [Mantis - Aramasu´s Pride] Kill, Kill and Kill   Mar 24 Aoû - 15:54

Hi Remi,

Remi a écrit:
In the Dinasty Deck I would say no to those cards :
- Tsuruchi Shiroko & Moshi Hinome XP (Remember, you need to respect honor requirement for the personality you want to steal : it will be hard against any honorable deck)

In my meta there are many shadowlands decks so they are perfect, especially Hinome.

Remi a écrit:
- Yoritomo Kitao XP3 (I like the Dark Wave, but she is very expansive)
Not so much expensive, win two raids and you can buy her just from small farm, and she is ultimate killer, when she comes into play the game is usually over right now.

Remi a écrit:
- Yoritomo Katoa exp & Base (What do you think about the XP, is he really usefull? I am not sure that you need the 3 other guys)
They are in the deck for all those expensive limited kill actions and Katoa exp is money against dishonor which is pretty bad machup.

Remi a écrit:
- Yoritomo Iongi is not needed.
Great for fast raids, he has naval kill action and 4 force, not bad for his cost.

Remi a écrit:
What do you think about those two personalities ?
One Magistrate : I think, he is necessary because to many players will draw too many cards.
He is very strong indeed, but lacks pirate trait. I play him in my another legacy deck based on Kyuden Asinagabachi, where is he much more powerful.

Remi a écrit:
One Shugenja : I do not know how strong is she but, using shugenjas opens new doors.
She was in deck for some time, but was cut because most of the time she was just blank 3f for 7gold.

Remi a écrit:
Let's have a look over the second deck, the Fate Deck :
- You may have gold problems because a lot of cards are expensive : Hired Killer + Kolat Assassin + Kolat Master + Test of Honor + Fury of the Dark Lord + the Followers.
Probably you'll have to choose between Keeping all these expensive actions or Not playing gold production holdings.
Actually I have never had much problems with gold, I play many personalities which could directly or indirectly produce gold: Yashinko, Singh, Utemaro, Katoa, Katoa xp, Bunmei and do lot of raiding.

Remi a écrit:
Maybe you could play some games adding holdings like House of Contract and using no more than 2 of each of these Strategy Cards.
House of Contracts is nice and I will consider adding id into my deck.

Remi a écrit:
Two more ideas :
- Fury of Hida is a good card to crush provinces
Yep, I have seen this card in many Lutus Aramasu´s Pride decklists. I was thinking about it for quite some time, but never found place for it in my deck.

Remi a écrit:
- Enticement is playable with the event The Price of Power, Emma-O's Guidance and some other cards.
The Price of Power is nice, but I dont find Enticement so powerful on its own, so play 3 of them just because of one event would make deck less consistent.

Remi a écrit:
Really good advices, my problem is that I want to have competetive deck, but still I want to maintain pirate flavor.

Bye......................Rémi.[/quote]
Remi
Chui

MessageSujet: Re: [Mantis - Aramasu´s Pride] Kill, Kill and Kill   Mar 24 Aoû - 16:13

Hi,

Yoritomo Morgan a écrit:
Hi Remi,

(...)

Remi a écrit:
Really good advices, my problem is that I want to have competetive deck, but still I want to maintain pirate flavor.

Thanks !

You are right making a competitive decklist and maintain flavor is very hard.

If you are thinking about metagame, you probably should play a totaly pure deck with Iris Festival and other anti-shadowland cards... But, it is not my way when I make new decks so I'll stop here writing this kind of ideas.

About Enticement : you already play the Dark Wave who would allow you to kill two personalities in one turn by paying the higher gold cost + 4.

Bye.................Rémi.

Yoritomo Morgan
samurai

MessageSujet: Re: [Mantis - Aramasu´s Pride] Kill, Kill and Kill   Mar 24 Aoû - 16:24

Shiroko and hinome are not totally unusable againt non-shadowlands decks, unlike iris festival.

You´re right that Kitao is especially good with enticement, but thats still one personality, I will think about it.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: [Mantis - Aramasu´s Pride] Kill, Kill and Kill   

[Mantis - Aramasu´s Pride] Kill, Kill and Kill
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1