AccueilFAQRechercherS'enregistrerMembresGroupesConnexion

Partagez | 

[EC11] Messi-10th Main Event and Top Lion

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Akodo_Lestat
Gunso

MessageSujet: [EC11] Messi-10th Main Event and Top Lion   Mer 2 Nov - 8:39

Almost all the testing I did with SC for the EC was with the Tactician deck. I designed a deck with Paragons, but as always, it was unable to defeat Embassy correctly, and I discarded it. The testing with tacticians was pretty cool, it’s a really hard deck against honor, and it has a lot of tricks against military decks... but it can have horrible games.
So one day I saw the “Burning Fate Deck” of Akodo Tenroru and fell in love immediately. I saw a lot of potential in it, and I decided to build it and test it with a few changes. In tournaments, I think I only lost a couple of games against Battle Maidens, the rest of them, the deck worked “even better than the real thing”. So... Paragons go Dublin!
1rs Qualifier
1-0 Mantis Thunder
When I saw the SH, I was really scared, it had been a long while I hadn’t play against them. But when he showed his peeps, they were big ones, so no blitz, and I was happy. Also, he had gold screw and got 1 shugie first turn. I have a Koyama and gold 2 turn. He attaches a Tsunami and attacks, I have an IW and KNF in hand, so I defend. Naval Tsunami, KNF, Force of Spirit. Next turn I Pure Heart and 2 Lions, and game.
Card of the Match: Force of Spirit
2-0 Crab Scouts, Juan Palomo “Yamoro”
I love playing against him, he’s an amazing player and nice person. I think I Perfect Moment ‘ed him once and then waited for him to spend all his Military assessments to make the second one, and keep the initiative. He also played 4xHunting, but I could save one thanks to KNF. After that, I think I won a hard battle and that was it.
Card of the Match: The Perfect Moment
3-0 Spider Paragons
That one was a strange game. We both knew the other one had Perfect Moments and played slowly. He had to attack, and we both killed a lot of the other army, but I had more battles and won (I think I got 40 honor)
3-1 Dragon LSC
Hard game, I had only one Only Actions and I could only recover it once. He was faster and played 2 Hamstrungs in a duel after he focused one from his hand and I thought “ok, if he’s focused from his hand, he’s got none on the focus pool”. FAIL, he had Very Happy! An amazing play, he deserved the game.
Card of the Match: Hamstrung
4-1 Dragon LSC Carl Boyle
He bowed a lot in open, but I could control it thanks to Cast Aside and KNF. I was able to play about 5 or 6 OAS, so I could get a lot of people and crush his provinces.
Card of the Match: OAS Cycle
4-2 Phoenix yojimbos Jacky Yu
One game left to get in... Phoenix Yojimbos shouldn’t be that hard, but it was. A lot of guys, a lot of force bonuses and an early Ochiai, damn... WE played a huge battle and he won with a lot of force and a few Low Stances that crushed me.
Card of the Match: Low Stance
5-2 Unicorn Maidens Victor Diaz Centollin
Now the real last one, and it was the 3rd year in a row that I had to decide it in the last game after being 3-0... AND against Victor, AND with Maidens, my nightmare with Embassy. But well, I had 2 Perfect Moments and he had none, so it was not bat at all. We played one battle, but even after he Iron Will ‘ed me a Cast, I kill a lot . Game and I’m in!!!
Main Event
1-0 Fran Paragon Lion
Ok, first game and it’s a friend... and he’s playing a Paragon deck without meta that’s REALLY dangerous... AND he won the dice roll. After an exchange of provinces, he flips Akodo’s Guidance, and we have the theory that, in a mirror, the lion that gets the Guidance loses. And it was like this. My only ph depending card is Kinihara, while he had more. I just didn’t defend and attacked berserk. He was able to Shame 2 of my lions and destroys the guidance, but the game was already mine.
Card of the Match: Akodo “One Eye”‘s Guidance
1-1 Embassy
His first personality flip is... a Haru. I thought maybe he was an enlightment deck when he got him and no peep with honor... but I wasn’t that lucky. No OAS, and at the 4rth turn, when he was 20, he won 20 honor in a row with 4 Haikus, 3 Hamstrungs, the 2 honor one... A depressing game. If I had only one OAS the game was mine, I had 2 Kusamotos in my provinces and a lots of items and bonus in my hand...
Card of the Match: The Lack of OAS
2-1 Phoenix Dishonor
He got only 2 Kiniharas and an awful hand. I got 25 honor when he had something to do. I attacked his 3 provinces and conceded me.
Card of the Match: PH4 guys.
3-1 Phoenix Yojimbos Jacky Yu
Revenge! This time things go better to me, we exchange provinces but I won a key battle, win honor and then hold back and win honor. When I got 42 he gets an Alter History and attacks. I defend and win 3 honor with a Nishijo and Shamate, but even after 4 Low Stances, I win the battle.
Card of the Match: Matsu Nishijo’s 1 honor battle Very Happy!
4-1 Crab Scouts James Cameron
Don’t remember much about this game, only that he was British, very gentle and really easy to understand. And that I play 2 Perfect Moments 
5-1 Crab Scouts Salman Barakat
He had second turn all holdings and I was able to destroy with only one Koyama. After that, Kinihara with Ryu destroyed the second one with a Perfect Moment. We played one final battle where Salman let me correct when I passed after non counting 2x1Force Followers, a very honorable gesture! 5-1, I’m IN!!! Now, the last one so I don’t have to play more!
Card of the Match: Armor of the Ryu
6-1 Crab Scouts Juan Palomo Yamoro
Yamoro again, damn... this time, I get 2 lions 2nd turn and attack. He does also, and I think I Perfect Moment. When he’s 2 provinces left and I’m 3, he attacks me, letting 2 guys at home, and I don’ stop. He plays the SH reaction... and passes. I don’t understand it, but I play my second Perfect Moment. Then he realizes the mistake he’s done, but at least he Seeks the Truth and is able to recon the province. I’m glad to know that, even with that huge mistake, he ended up 3rd Very Happy! I kill kill kill and win the battle. And I’m in!!!
Card of the Match: The Perfect Moment. AGAIN!
So, next day time to play ninjas... I don’t really know how my deck is going to be against them. I scout a little, and some friends warn me that he’s playing Retributions... Also, Tenroru-sama tells me that “I had nothing to fear except yourself against Ninja”. Damn, how right he was XD!
TOP 16
1-0
He tries to blitz me with a bowing ninja and 2 2G at first turn. I use Guided to stop him, and win the battle. I think I perfect Moment this one, but I’m not sure. I have a lot of initiative and more gold from this one, and I win the game easily.
1-1
I learn in this game that you must NEVER discard all your guys at first turn... Second turn, all holdings. He destroys a province in his second, and even after being able to get a Kobi and a Koyama, I can’t recover.
1-2
I just remember all the mistakes I made in this game... I played soooooo wrong... I recovered a Guided with Kusamoto instead of a kill and then stopped with everyone... I unbowed a Kinihara with a Poison token when I knew he had recovered a Silent Rot with Jurojin... I payed a Singh Remnant with the SH instead of letting it unbowed... Even with all those mistakes, I lost the battle for 3 force, and only after when we were in a tie, he got an outside peep into when he was 2 cards left. He had also 3x2G Ninjas, and that was really 2 much...
Card of the Match: Shosuro Nishu and my mistakes
Damn, it was really close! But well, I was Top 16, and Ornatov also lost, so I was Top Lion. Top Lion!!! That more or less fade my sadness away after such a horrible game, so, it was something .
Here’s the deck list:

1 Shamate Keep
Border Keep xp
Bamboo Harvester

# Dynasty (40)

# Events (1)
1 Imperial Census

# Celestials (1)
1 Jurojin’s Blessing

# Regions (1)
1 Farmlands

# Holdings (13)
1 Chugo Seido
3 Copper Mine
1 Traveling Peddler
3 Remote Village
2 Famous Bazaar
3 Imperial Artificer

# Personalities (24)
3 Matsu Koyama
3 Matsu Shunran
3 Matsu Kinihara
3 Matsu Nishijo
1 Akodo Ryozo
1 Akodo Kobi - exp
1 Akodo Tsudoken
1 Daigotsu Hotako - exp3
3 Akodo Kusamoto
3 Akodo Kakihara
2 Matsu Yosa

# Fate (40)

# Strategies (31)
3 Cast Aside the Weak
1 Creating Order
3 The Perfect Moment
1 A Game of Dice
3 Grateful Reward
3 Force of Spirit
3 Only Actions Speak
2 A Pure Heart
3 Know No Fear
1 The Thriving Light
2 Guided by Honor
2 Iron Will
1 Preparedness
3 Desperate Rush

# Followers (3)
3 Singh Remnants

# Items (5)
1 De Bellis Yoditorum
3 Satoshi's Dual Warfans
1 Armor of the Ryu

# Rings (1)
1 Ring of Water

I wouldn’t change a card of the deck, it works smoothly against anything. Ok, it’s impossible to win against Embassy without OAS, but man, you draw so much that it’s really hard not getting them!
Also, one of the final keys of the deck is Jurojin’s Blessing. I wasn’t sure about it, and it was a last week testing, but it went so, so well, that it’s a must. And no, I don’t like playing 2 Guidance. But truth be told, the true Guidance of this deck was Akodo Tenroru’s one, so thanks a lot for such a good idea !

And the best thing about this deck is that many of the good cards stay in Emperor !

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://www.l5rbarcelona.com/foro
Akodo Tenrou
Légende

MessageSujet: Re: [EC11] Messi-10th Main Event and Top Lion   Mer 2 Nov - 9:56

It was my pleasure Albert to share some of my testings with all of you guys. I'm glad that all of you made great results : Drago, Owen, Albert, even Yoda the traitor (member of the Tabikuma fan club^^).

I must present my apologies to all of you for not having be able to attend the EC, by my own mistake, while I prepared them and prepared a little animation with Flyers, badges crafted by Albert, a little show "Hakka-like" discussed with a local organizer, ... Well some more stuff I keep in Mind for a next time.
Next time I will be there, that's a promise!
Against please forgive me.
Your results and that of all the good people I appreciate who were in Dublin was a recomfort in my annoying week-end!

Now EE is coming! Let it be a Lion Arc !
Hope we can use all those data decks to build something great !

By the way, about the decklist you played and that is just a little different from mine:
- Iron Will: really useful ?
- as you can see I removed Guided at last moment, what do you think?
- Census worst the slot?
- APH: no place for the 3th one?

"L'intention politique est la fin, la guerre est le moyen. Et jamais le moyen ne peut être pensé sans la fin."
Carl von Clausewitz, De la Guerre.
Akodo_Lestat
Gunso

MessageSujet: Re: [EC11] Messi-10th Main Event and Top Lion   Mer 2 Nov - 10:06

Akodo Tenrou a écrit:

By the way, about the decklist you played and that is just a little different from mine:
- Iron Will: really useful ?
Absolutely. I just discarded when not needed, but they were incredible ass-saverrs.
- as you can see I removed Guided at last moment, what do you think?
Guided gave me some really good moments. It's a must.
- Census worst the slot?
Well, I didn't play against any blitz deck, but there were many, many Mantis blitz. I think it was a necessary meta, and I'm glad it was on the deck.
- APH: no place for the 3th one?
No, no place, and it would be the first card I would include if possible. Maybe for a Desperate, but you were totally right, 9 kill cards it's soooooooo beautiful!

Don't worry, next year I'm sure you will be at the Worlds Smile!
Dragonic
Gunso

MessageSujet: Re: [EC11] Messi-10th Main Event and Top Lion   Mer 2 Nov - 18:34

Congratz for the result Albert.

- Did u use often the battle of Yosa? Both or only the range 2 ?
- I played 2xYosa too only for her 6GC. Did u test before Ato? No battle action, but powerfull with A Pure Heart in hand and against Unicorn !!!
Ato was my better personality during the week-end.

Seems that i did a mistake to play some useless tacticians ' Shunori / Kurogane and others) Kusamoto seems to be powerfull anaginst Honor deck. I lose more than the half of my honor match.

Some result about Guided by Honor ? Didn't like really this battle. What u think about it after the week end?

We start to know more each other, we need to speak more next time that we meet ourself in an event.

Gratz again !
Akodo_Lestat
Gunso

MessageSujet: Re: [EC11] Messi-10th Main Event and Top Lion   Mer 2 Nov - 20:02

Merci!
I used her a few times, but never the Range 4. I would never use a KNF or a Greateful for that! I didn't test Ato, but I've been thinking about it... If I change the deck and put in the 3rd Pure Heart, I would think about changing it. If I play this at Madrid, it's a more than possible choice.
Kusamoto is a need against Honor Runners, and also against militar. Being able to play 7xOnly Actions is very important, but being able to recover Cast Aside or Force of Spirit it is also.
Guided gave me one game against the Scorpion ninja, and a few good games against militar decks, specially against Crab. The thing is, I think every deck needs movement cards. Without Kasei, I need to play something, at least 3 cards. Water and 2xGuided are cool, but it could really be changed for borken Alliance, por example.
And yes, with this forum we're knowing more of each other. Next Kotei, we have to make a Lion Council Smile!
Matsu Tetsuo
Samurai amphibie

MessageSujet: Re: [EC11] Messi-10th Main Event and Top Lion   Ven 4 Nov - 8:36

I have a question, 13 holding is it enought?

Play less than 14 holding afraid me.

"In my sword, the wind. In my heart, courage. In my eyes, death. I am Matsu"

"Fear is a burden for lesser men. We are not lesser men. We are Lion."
Akodo_Lestat
Gunso

MessageSujet: Re: [EC11] Messi-10th Main Event and Top Lion   Ven 4 Nov - 9:00

Matsu Tetsuo a écrit:
I have a question, 13 holding is it enought?

Play less than 14 holding afraid me.

A frien of mine deffends than 12 is enough... Thuth is I played 17 games and I didn't have any gold screw game. So I'm happy with the number and I think I'll keep it for a while Smile
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: [EC11] Messi-10th Main Event and Top Lion   Aujourd'hui à 14:56

[EC11] Messi-10th Main Event and Top Lion
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1